Herbal Medicine Consultations
Herbal Medicine Consultations
Katolen Yardley ~ Medical Herbalist, uses an integrative approach to health designing health programs using one or more of the following modalities:
- Botanical Medicine: Custom blended herbal medicines: tinctures, teas, creams, poultices, salves.
- Clinical Nutrition
- Bach Flower Remedies
- Saliva Panel & Allergy Testing
- Nutritional Supplements
- Lifestyle Counseling
The Purpose of A health Consultation
- Provides you with tools to take charge of your health.
- A personalized health program is formulated for your specific health picture, focusing on your unique state of health and designed to treat the whole person, not only symptoms of a disease.
- Informs you of the connection between nutrition, environment and lifestyle and a healthy state of mind and body.
- Researches your needs as much as is required and offer guidance to the best of our ability and training.
- Offers encouragement and revise the program as the symptom picture changes.
- Empowers through education, offering options to medical treatment.
- Provides resources and additional information on your specific health concern.
- Custom blended herbal tinctures, custom blended herbal teas, essential oil blends and nutritional recommendations are created for your unique individual health concerns.
- As health care practitioners it is our responsibility to offer you the most accurate information possible regarding your health; we cannot do that without adequate time to conduct a consultation. Holistic health focuses on identifying and treating the root cause of disease rather than providing a band-aid to mask symptoms of the underlying problem, it provides tools for the bodies’ innate ability to heal itself and emphasizes enhancement of health on every level.
What to Expect During a Health Consultation?
Initial Consultation: Prior to the initial appointment, the client completes an extensive intake form. During the consultation, the intake form is reviewed, and further information is elicited as needed. We will discuss your current health concerns, current symptoms, past medical health, family health, your nutrition and lifestyle and exercise habits to better understanding the numerous factors contributing to your health. Allergy tests and saliva panel tests may be ordered. We may review any lab testing or medical records brought to your appointment, take your blood pressure and may conduct a physical assessment as well discuss tools for relieving external stressors, promote emotional wellbeing and enhance your state of mind. This initial fee also includes personalised health, lifestyle and nutritional recommendations for you. At the end of the consultation we prepare custom blended herbal medicines for an additional fee and can supply you with nutritional supplements as recommended.
Follow-up Consultations: Follow up appointments provide an opportunity to answer any questions you may have about your health program. We will review your health picture and progress, and make periodic adjustments to your custom formulated herbal medicines as your symptom picture changes. The consultation may include cross referencing of prescription drugs with herbs to check for safety, writing blood work requisitions as we continue to move your health program forward in alignment with your health goals.
some conditions leading individuals to seek a Health consultation
Herbal medicine can plan a role in addressing numerous health issues such as:
Women’s Health Issues: Menstrual disorders, menopause, endometriosis, infertility, painful cycles, PMS, polycystic ovarian syndrome, cervical dysplasia, irregular cycles, chronic yeast infections, post partum care, urinary tract infections, cystitis
Digestive and Gastrointestinal Disorders: irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, food sensitivities, constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, indigestion
Skin Health: eczema, acne rosacea, acne, dermatitis, hives, psoriasis, ulcers, and skin infections
Nervous System Disorders: overall vitality, energy support, stress management, anxiety, depression, headaches, insomnia, mood disorders, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
Immune System Dysfunction: allergies, frequent colds, cough, frequent infections, auto immune conditions and inflammatory conditions
Respiratory Disorders: cold and flu symptoms, sinus infections, asthma, bronchitis, POCD, sore throat, sinus infections
Environmental Toxicity: cleansing programs, heavy metal toxicity, occupational and environmental exposures, allergies
Hormonal Imbalances: adrenal dysfunction, thyroid imbalances, diabetes prevention and/or treatment, weight management, endocrine disorders
Pain Disorders: acute or chronic pain, sports injuries, nerve pain, lingering shingles pain, scar tissue, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory conditions
Children’s Health Care and Childhood Illness: ADHD, colic, sleep issues, digestive complaints, skin issues, frequent infections, diaper rash, asthma, ear infections, food allergies, colic
Birth and Pediatric Support: birth kit and labor planning, healing after labor, breastfeeding support, preventative medicine for an infant